In 2015, I decided to list noteworthy books I’d read by topic and write a brief description so readers could decide if the book appeared worthwhile. When appropriate I included a link to a book review link and a link to the book on Amazon. The Amazon link is an affiliate link, which means I receive a few pennies if the book is purchased, via the link. That is my only compensation, I am not paid to endorse any of these books. The list is books I’ve read and decided to pass along. All of the books on my reading lists garner a 4 or 5 out of 5 stars in my opinion. For a more complete look at what I read, visit my GoodReads page. Whenever I remember, I add my books to that page.
About This Site
Although this site began as a repository for American history stories, over time it essentially became a 'brain dump.' For more than a year, I've used the site to work through my beliefs and opinions in this post-truth era of political illiteracy.
- America’s Political Dysfunction Called A Security Concern
- Is Ohio A Cesspool Of Hate, Fear And Ignorance?
- Posting, Sharing Facebook Memes Not Solving Any Problems
- ‘Trump’s Rich, He Doesn’t Care About Health Care’ — Worker In Preble County
- Southern Boys Trying To Pull South Into 21st (Or At Least The 20th) Century
- ‘Truth Is I Think He Sold Us Out’ — Trump Voter
- Walking The Tightrope Of Drug Addiction
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Polls make it very clear that 30 to 40 percent of voters are going to approve of what Trump does, no matter what. Many of them don’t mind if he comes on stage and starts talking like Uncle Fred Who Gets Drunk at Family Dinners. They enjoy Uncle Fred. Some of them are Uncle Fred. — New York Times op-ed
Top Posts & Pages
- How Much Are 3M Bookshelf Games Worth?
- 10 Vintage Board Games That Sell For More Than $100
- Silver Linings Playbook Delves Into Stigma Of Mental Illness
- 12 Angry Men Exposes Prejudice, Bias Of Jurors
- Ohio Voters Reject Partisan Approach To Elections
- Ohio's Presidential Legacy: William Harrison -- America's One-Month President
- The Crucible Even More Applicable In Era Of Terrorism
- Demons Plot For Your Soul In 'The Screwtape Letters'
- Heroin, Meth Just Part Of Life In Small, Rural Town
- FDR’s White House Map RoomOctober is American Archives Month! We’re celebrating the work of archivists and the importance of archives with a series of blog posts highlighting our “Archives Across America.” Today’s post comes from Sarah Navins from the Franklin D. Roosevelt Library in Hyde … Continue reading →