About This Site
Although this site began as a repository for American history stories, over time it essentially became a 'brain dump.' For more than a year, I've used the site to work through my beliefs and opinions in this post-truth era of political illiteracy.
- ‘Appalachia’ By Catte Is A Perfect Antidote For ‘Hillbilly Elegy’
- ‘Evicted’ Describes What It’s Like To Be Poor, Vulnerable
- Heroin(e) Tells Story Of Three Outliers Making A Difference In Opioid Epidemic
- ‘Get A Job’ A Familiar Phrase Of The Politically Lazy
- So A Drop In Farm Land Values Nets 14 Percent Increase In My Property Tax Bill?
- ‘Godfather Of Modern Popular Gay Fiction’ Graduated From My Local, Rural High School
- America’s Political Dysfunction Called A Security Concern
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
A 1982 marijuana bust in Preble County netted an estimated $10 million in drugs and equipment — or nearly $26 million in 2017 dollars.
Top Posts & Pages
- Risk board games increase in value with alternate versions
- Ohio Voters Reject Partisan Approach To Elections
- Vintage Toys: 1972 Tonka Aerial Fire Truck (Photo)
- 10 Vintage Board Games That Sell For More Than $100
- Printing Errors Alter Biblical Meanings
- 'Becoming Madison' A Nice Preamble To Constitution
- Shadrach Claywell's Family
- Peter Claywell: The Life Of An Indentured Servant In The Virginia Colony
- Is Ohio A Cesspool Of Hate, Fear And Ignorance?
- 16 Times History Made Us Hungry For Pi DayHappy Pi Day! Are you baking up a fresh dessert to celebrate? Get inspired by some historic pie deliciousness, fresh from our archives. 1 Everything about this photo is vintage #piegoals. The apron, the polka-dot potholders, that oven! 2 … Continue reading →